4 September 2011

BMG!

Yep it's finally here...the Big Man Gaultier Post! DunDunDun!
Oh dear, I fear I have built this post up to be some global phenomenon to-be! Well I'll do my best!

The big man had fashion in his sights from a young age and his teddy bear 'Nana' was famously the first to wear the now iconic Gaultier cone bra. Here is the teddy bear in question. Very sad, but think about it, if it wasn't for Nana would we even know who Jean Paul was?!

From teddybear....
To catwalk/stage.....

Madonna.
From the iconic cone bra, the big mans designs became more and more unusual....but always strikingly fabulous!

I love this, from the beautiful material to the swim-suit like shape..
though I do fear for her sight!

Perfect for any budding mermaids!

Flying the flag for good ol' Scottish tartan!
Always keeping it creative.....
But those arms are just plain silly! NIce neck though (the dresses neck, not the models!)

Behind all of this amazingly wackiness, the big man isn't afraid to sometime keep things (relatively) simple!

Bright colours and a beautiful maxi.

A slimming waist line (though it does scream 'does my bum look big in this?!)  and made for work colours and
hairstyle!

Simple and complex in completely different ways!
(Does that even make sense!?)

While flying the flag for simplicity there's always an iconic hairstyle!
So, that's why I am so crazy about this big genius of a man!
In case you were wandering, he's really not that big....though he wouldn't look completely out of place on a  rugby pitch!


So, there you go! Have I done all the hype I made about this post justice? And if you are ever going to comment, now is the time! I really want to know for favourites. Or, even, do you have a BMG (Big Man Gaultier) catwalk moment I have missed out?
Now a minute of silence (no, he's not dead!) for the genius that is:

Jean Paul Gaultier!

1 comment:

  1. FINALLY - the BMG post ( I almost got that mixed up with BFG - Big Friendly Giant !) that doll thing is really creepy but love just about all of his designs! Especially like the "simple" ones and good ol' scottish one! Look forward To hearing more about him in years to come............ Ok............ Bye!

    ReplyDelete

Got a thought? Scream it out!