24 July 2011

new trend ALERT: perfumed socks

I was totally in the mood for summer today! The sunniest day of the year so far could mean only one thing: SHORTS! I have been waiting to wear shorts all summer and their day has finally come! Given God had granted me with the gorgeous weather I needed to live up to expectations and create a cool, kooky outfit! I got all my magazines for inspiration but in the end went for an outfit worn by Brooke from Coronation Street.



Here is what I wore....OK, its like completely different from Brooke's but oh well! It changed as I planned it....


Now this is were the 'perfumed socks' come in. I just had to have white socks with this outfit so I raided my dads drawer and came up with a foul smelling pair of sports socks. So I put perfume on them and problem solved! In case you were wandering what that funny blur on my hand was....it's a reeeeealy annoying plaster!

In other news I was reading The Sunday Times Style Magazine when I came across an amazing artical/shoot about vintage style. Here are the 4 centuries they demonstrated.

1940s
1950s
1960s
1970s
All 4 looks are bang on! You could get some seriously cool make-up tips from these shoots as well.My favourite is the 1940s outfit but saying that the 1960s make-up is currently my phone screensaver!

What do you think?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a thought? Scream it out!